Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunsets in Southeast Texas


Mondays are always a transitional time for me. It is both the start of a new work week and a time of reflection on the previous day's events. I begin to look forward to what God has in store for the church next Sunday and look back at what He has accomplished this past Lord's day...I find myself caught in this place between what has happened and what needs to be done. It is a hectic place for the mind to reside.

Therefore, at the end of the day I try to stop everything and simply dwell on the Lord's blessings in areas of my life other than church. Tonight, Summer and I had the opportunity to visit with some friends, gaze for hours at our son's facial expressions, and enjoy the brilliant colors of a sunset over the gulf coast. How many nights I miss these simple blessings because my mind is too pre-occupied to enjoy them...but God pours them out in spite of my blindness. May God continue to open my eyes to enjoy his daily blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home