Tuesday, September 05, 2006

An Anniversary and a Surgery


Well, Summer and I certainly have a grasp on "Unique Ways to Celebrate an Anniversary". Instead of checking into a fancy hotel for the occasion, we checked into the local hospital for an unexpected surgery. Instead of enjoying a bucket of popcorn and a movie on the silver screen, we settled for a video rental on my laptop...on the third floor of the hospital.
Yes, it has been an interesting couple of weeks as Summer discovered she had gall stones and kidney stones...in both kidneys. While this is not the way we imagined spending our three year anniversary - it worked. After all, anniversaries really aren't a celebration of fancy dinners and nice hotels - they are a celebration of your spouse and the marriage God created. In Summer I have "found the one my heart loves" (Song of Solomon 3:4) and I thank God for the blessing of my wife.
P.S. - Summer is doing much better now and is recovering quickly. Praise God for His provision.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Tattycat said...

I'm so glad that Summer is doing well and happy that the two of you handled this so well. It is so refreshing to find young, Christian people so much in love and knowing to whom they owe their joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home