Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day Thoughts

Viewing the grand spectacle which unfolded today and the hope of so many in what man can achieve I am reminded that such hope goes unrealized. Mankind does not possess the wisdom or the strength to solve the world's problem. We are the world's problem. We need a Savior, and I praise the Lord that He gave us Jesus. I will pray for the president and God's hand to be strongly upon him, but my hope is in a person far greater than the one who sits in the Oval Office. My hope rests in the one who reigns eternally from His heavenly throne. So today more than ever I stand with those who in Hebrews 11:13-16 "confessed that they were strangers and exiles on earth. For those who say such things make it clear they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had the opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them." Here is my reminder of true home...and my residence in that unshakeable kingdom gives me hope for today!

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Deann said...

What a great post,Eric. You have such a wonderful way with words!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

I agree with your Aunt Deann, Eric, this is a wonderful post. I too will be praying for our new president. God bless you and your family. Love Mamaw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home