Monday, November 16, 2009

It's About That Time

Alright, November is barreling toward Thanksgiving and Christmas is just around the corner. The stores have already had their shelves stocked for the holidays for nearly a month and I just can't wait any longer. I broke out the Christmas music yesterday with a new soundtrack I bought for Ethan, but I must admit I've been enjoying it too. He has a great affinity for the movie The Polar Express and so we purchased the music. The CD is enjoyable with a number of new and old songs. The instrumental theme captures the season well. It probably won't be long until I pull out the other seasonal releases I have. I wonder if you may have a favorite and if you have already caved and loaded up the Cd player or ipod?

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Deann said...

We have one radio station here (Magic 96.5) that is playing non-stop Christmas music already. Joseph loves it and listens to it all day. Brian and Adam, on the other hand, say it is much too early. I guess I am somewhere in between.

Favorites? I'd have to say any of the classic Christmas songs... you can't go wrong with them!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger David said...

That scene where all the angels...er, elves, congregate in the middle of Heaven...er, the North Pole, a sea of worshippers surrounding the throne - all focused on one figure - "Santa", but you know Who I can't help but think about. And I wonder if the visual metaphor there was intentional, at least the illustrated book version.

Unrelated:

Yesterday in church we sang a hymn during the Lords Supper, "Grace greater than all our sin", including the third stanza: "Dark is the stain that we cannot hide. What can avail to wash it away? Look! There is flowing a crimson tide, brighter than snow you may be today."

"...a crimson tide..." In all seriousness, that may be the origin of how a certain phrase became popular to describe something altogether different. Quite a moment of reflection.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

I too am getting in the Christmas spirit, but I will wait till after Thanksgiving to start putting out my decorations. It is going to be a great Christmas again this year. We are looking forward to seeing you, Summer, and the our two great grandchildren. Love you

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger kannan said...

Welcome http://kannan.edublogs.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home