Monday, October 02, 2006

Life of Leisure

A life of leisure...not an accurate description of my normal week, but on occasion I do find time to sit down to rest and relax. Here are my current respites from work:


Currently reading: The Second Coming: Signs of Christ's Return and the End of the Age by John MacArthur. An excellent book on eschatology and Biblical prophecy regarding the return of Christ.


Currently in the CD player: Between the Dreaming and the Coming True by Bebo Norman. It is getting harder and harder to find good Christian CDs. While most Christian artists are develping musically, lyrically many are regressing. Not so with this new CD. It has been playing on my CD player/mp3 player for the past week.




3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Sup Eric! Glad you're finding some time for yourself. Even Jesus had to do that. The book looks interesting. I might have to pick it up. I've heard of Bebo, but not actually heard him. I've actually been wondering for a while exactly what defines Christian music, specifically rock. As you know, most Christian rock bands don't have explicitly Christian words or themes. You just have to kind of infer them.

In case you're interested, you can look at my MySpace or Xanga (which is actually dead now) and see what's up there, as well as link to everyone else's. I'm sure everyone wants to hear from you.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,

As a common friend (David Sparks) shared your blog/pictures with me, i came to this entry...

I wanted to say hello first of all, but when i saw that you listen to Bebo i had to choose this entry to leave my coment. I love Bebos music and specially lyrics. He has become one of my favorite artists in the past three or four years. His songs are so deep and touching, they sometimes bring tears to my eyes.
While talking about music, i should mention also a couple of other artists i love, and i'm sure you would, if you don't already love to listen. One is Chris Rice, and another amazing artist is Fernando Ortega. Fernando and Bebo have performed together if i remember correctly.
Another group that i enjoyed very much, but never heard of them again, is "Burlap to Chashmere".

Well, although we didn't get to know each other much, i was happy to see you and your family so happy with each other.
I feel i know more than i do thanks to David.
David is such a wonderful rarity in this world...

God blessings to your family,

Gus

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel i know YOU more than i do, thanks to David. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home