Thursday, February 19, 2009

What Is It About the Weather?

The temperature fluctuations this winter have been wild. One day it is in the mid-seventies and the next day below freezing. This is unusual for the climate here along the gulf coast and my sinuses have reacted to it fiercely these past few days. Today is near seventy but next week may be cold again.

These changes got me thinking about one day not too long ago. We had snow on the ground for the first time in southeast Texas in thirty years. To understand how truly rare this is, remember that we are further south than Mobile, AL and the Florida panhandle. So I decided to post a few pictures I took that night, and here is hoping that soon these fluctuations will stablize and my coughing dissipate.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Deann said...

We've had the same crazy weather here, too. We pull out t-shirts and shorts one day, and then have to go back to jeans and sweaters the next.
Oh well, spring will be here for good before long!

I guess that was Ethan's first snow. Did he enjoy it?

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

I believe the weather has been crazy all over. Like your Aunt Deann said one day it short sleeves and then the next back to sweaters. Today it is in the 20's this morning but it is susposed to warm up a little. Take care and have a great day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home