Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dinner at Del Toro

There is certainly no shortage of Mexican food in the state of Texas. From Tex-Mex to authentic Mexican cuisine there are restaurants in every town and on almost every corner. There are a number of places I enjoy, but I have to admit that my favorite stop is still found in Alabaster, Alabama. Del Toro has been around for years, and when I make it back to my home state I have to eat at least one meal in this small establishment. Their chips and salsa are wonderful and the cheese dip is the best. Even Summer, who grew up along the Texas - Mexico border agrees with me on the queso. The above photo was taken of Ethan after having a taste of the food, and his expression says it all. So if you are passing through Alabaster and it is about time for lunch, ask for a table. The food is well worth the visit, even if you have to drive 700 miles to eat there once a year.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Deann said...

Would you believe that Mexican food is one of my least favorites? Kind of ironic since we may be moving to Texas!

P.S. Love Ethan's "thumbs-up" approval of the meal!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

Glad to hear you were able to visit your favorite Mexican restaurant while you were here. It sounds like their meals are good. I love Ethan's thumbs-up. He is a cutie. We enjoyed your visit.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger David said...

Pastor Armstrong, there are a few things in math that do not compute:

Evolution and Creation

Mexican Food and Alabaster, AL.

Correction: Mexican Food and Alabama.

:)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Love it. That was a fun meal and a great visit with your family. I hate that it is such a long time that we get to see you guys again. Hope everything is going great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home