Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bedtime Stories


Contrary to popular belief, these are not the materials I use to prepare for Sunday morning sermons. This book, along with nine others were purchased right after Summer and I discovered she was pregnant. We wanted Ethan's first gift to be something that would teach him about the Lord, and so we found some bedtime books on Bible characters.

Now that Ethan is here, we finally get to read them to him. I haven't determined which is his favorite yet, primarily because I'm not sure if extreme drool output is a sign of like or dislike. On a serious note however, it is great to know that Summer and I get to share the truth of scripture with our son from a young age. I pray that God will work powerfully in His life, and that he will yearn to know the depth of God's truth so that he may live it out always. Now once we finish reading these books to him, I suppose it will be time to move onto something a bit harder...perhaps Jonathan Edwards' History of the Work of Redemption. That sounds like something he would enjoy tremendously...I can already see Ethan's drool output increasing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home