Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Favorites Week - Fast Food


I try not to eat fast food too often because of its health content, yet I must admit that when I do, I enjoy it. In moderation, such food is a treat. There are a number of places that could make the list, but as with the other posts this week I have limited it to five. As I sit and write this list, I recognize that such enjoyment is a blessing from God, who has graciously allowed us the privilege of finding such pleasure in food. I thank Him for that with gratitude. So read and enjoy for maybe you also share a fondness for these eateries. (Once again this list is in no particuar order.)

1. Panda Express -
Chinese food that is always hot and fresh. I don't think I have ever had an entree that has been sitting in a warming tray for hours. Their orange chicken is by far the best choice on the menu. Their locations are spread out over the nation.

2. What-a-burger -
A Texas tradition. I had my first visit to this chain when at seminary in Fort Worth. As far as hamburgers go, this is my place of choice. Also, they have really good honey chicken biscuits for breakfast.

3. Milo's -
My favorite fast food stop when I go back home to Alabama. There is just something about the special sauce they put on the hamburgers and their sweet tea is the best around. You will not find this restaurant outside the state, so Sweet Home Alabama proves true here.

4. Taco Bueno -
I love Mexican food and for some reason this place and its greasy food tastes better to me than Taco Bell. Muchacos, tacos, and plenty of salsa...if it weren't so far to Houston I could have this place more often.

5. In-and-Out Burger
A southern California favorite and a place that I will get to frequent when I travel there in a few weeks. The small burgers are addictive so it is probably good I am separated by so many miles from this place for most of the year. If you ever spot one, it is a good place to stop.

3 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Deann said...

I've never eaten at any of those places (of course, I've never heard of a few of them, either)!

Some of my favorite fast food restaurants would have to be Chick-fil-A, Dairy Queen, and Pizza Hut.

That's odd. For some reason I've suddenly become very hungry!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

I agree with you about Milo's and What-a-Burger. Their burgers are great.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger David said...

"Sweet Home Alabama"...Eric, is that a song? Nearly as good as "The Eyes of Texas are upon you."

BrasherGirl has my vote. Chick-fil-A is also my favorite, and Dairy Queen brings back good memories of my growing up in Pilot Point (TX). When DQ came to town, it was THE news for weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home