Thursday, January 29, 2009

Favorites Week - Television Stations


I try not to watch too much television, but on some occasions it is a welcome period of rest. I have to admit that I don't watch too many shows on the broadcast networks because we have come a long way from the days of Andy Griffith. However, there are several channels that tend to become favorites on the remote. Here they are in no particular order.

1. ESPN
It seems that this channel is my default during the days of college football, and is least watched during the long days of summer when professional baseball is on every hour. Yet, with Sportscenter it seems that this channel is viewed for at least a few minutes every day.

2. Fox News
I seem to watch less of the news than I did several years ago and to a large degree this is on purpose. It seems that after an hour of news I was upset about something and so I have had to cut back and remind myself that God's kingdom is primary. Yet, when I want to know what is going on in the world, this is my station of choice.

3. Food Network
I used to laugh about the idea of a station focused totally upon food. Now, it is one of my most watched due to the programs Dinner Impossible; Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives; and Iron Chef: America. I discovered this station while searching for some clean entertainment on TV.

4. History Channel
I love the past, and history was aways my favorite subject in school. This channel is filled with great documentaries about every past society and their biographies of great lives are always well done.

5. USA Network
I do not watch this network much during the week, but it makes my list of favorites because of two shows that Summer and I enjoy. Monk and Psych air every Friday and it is a time when we sit down as a couple and enjoy some television after Ethan goes to bed. Both shows are funny and well written. Hopefully both will continue to air for some time.

By the way:
Although I don't intend to post on my favorite shows, 24 is my favorite series. Please don't tell me what happens though, because I won't watch this season until it appears on DVD later in the year. I just can't take the cliff hangers.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Deann said...

We don't have cable or satellite, so our channel choices are rather limited. (In addition, the reception on the ones we do get often leaves a lot to be desired.)

Like you said, however, there isn't much quality programming on television any more, so I guess we're not missing much!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

We have cable and I am glad because we can get the history, discovery, and there are some channels that show the old favorites like gunsmoke etc. Like you I do not watch to much news because it is all bad they never show anything that is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home