Friday, January 30, 2009

Favorites Week - Pastimes


I made it - a whole work week worth of posts! Today, I decided to post on some favorite ways to pass the time. Some of these activities I get to do regularly while a few of them are on rare occasions. Yet, each pastime is a way for me to relax and renew my energy. Once again, each entry is found in no particular order.

1.) Travel
I admit that I love to be on the road and see new places. The beauty of God's creation is something to behold and I hope in the future to see more spectacular sights around the world. Some of my favorite locals are Estes Park in Colorado, the Pacific coastline of California, and the beaches of Florida.

2.) Spending Time with Family and Friends
Playing with my son and putting together a puzzle; spending time with my wife at dinner; having a conversation with friends. There is just something about quality time with friends and famiy that is rejuvinating and rewarding.

3.) Playing Golf
Just for the record, I am horrific at playing golf, yet I enjoy it immensely. I do not get to play very often, but there is something about being outdoors and playing a friendly round of golf. Plus, as a bonus for those who go with me - they always know they won't come in last place.

4.) Reading
A good book is worth its weight in gold. I am usually in multiple books at the same time. Right now I am reading The Nature of God by Arthur Pink, Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham, and just for fun Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates by Martin Caiden.

5.) Studying Scripture
Digging deep into God's Word is the most rewarding way I spend my time, and the most unbelievable part of it all is that I am paid to do this activity. Right now I am delving deeper and deeper into the gospel of John and loving every minute of it.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Deann said...

Those are wonderful ways to pass the time (at least all of them except the golf one!)

By the way, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your favorites lists this week. Hope you keep on posting!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

I agree with everything your
Aunt Deann said. Keep the post coming. Mamaw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home