Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Sunday Spotlight

I grew up in Alabama and my home church for twenty years was First Baptist Church, Alabaster. It was at this church that I walked forward to make public my profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and it was at this church that I followed in obedience to the command of Christ to be baptized. It woud be hard for me to state the great amount of gratitude I hold in my heart to the teachers and leaders God provided for me through this local manifestation of the body of Christ. Much of my spiritual formation in the early years of life can be attributed to this congregation and God's working through them. My pastor was Dr. Wayne Crumption, a man who faithfully preached the word of God. Since I have moved to Texas, he has retired but still serves as interim for churches in need. This godly man still answers this young minister's questions concerning the pastorate and I thank him greatly for that.
All of this to say that since it is Sunday, I wanted to spotlight a church that you might want to examine and see how God is at work all around us in different communities. I'm sure that this morning old friends were attending worship at FBC and continuing to participate in the work God is doing there. Praise God for the expansive work of his kingdom. You can check out the church here. Have a great Lord's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home