Saturday, February 07, 2009

Thought for the End of the Week

Creation declares the glory of God. I took this picture a few years back on a journey through the American West. My friend David and I were en route to a conference in southern California and were somewhere in Arizona when this picture was taken. What truly left me astonished was the expansive scope of the landscape and the barrenness of the terrain. Yet, even admist this stark and dry place life sprung forth as you can see in the picture. It reminded me greatly of how the Lord can bring life out of the most dry and barren places. Indeed my heart bears fruit of life even though it was once dead in sin. Praise the Lord that I can look outside and not forget to be reminded of the grace of God shown to me.
May you enjoy the day God has given and soak in the reminders of His presence everywhere you go. Here it is close to seventy degrees and sunny beyond measure. Ethan and I are about to go outside and throw around the football. I pray that you have a blessed Saturday.

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Day to day pours forth speech,
and night to night reveals knowledge."
Psalm 19:1-2

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

Your Pawpaw and I have enjoyed the landscape of Arizona many times. The older I get the more I admire and enjoy God's creations. It is nearly 70 here and we have been working out in the yard. Have a great weekend. Love Mamaw

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger David said...

If memory serves me, you took the photo somewhere between Tucson and Yuma, but closer to Tucson where the interstate begins to go west instead of going north into Phoenix. What a terrain. I think it was Iain Murray or Spurgeon that said "God is amazing. And I am amazed." Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home