Monday, February 02, 2009

A Good Cup of Coffee

What is it about a good cup of coffee on Monday mornings? As a child I always loved the aroma of coffee but found its taste to be putrid. Now, as an adult, I love both the aroma and the taste. I can't think of starting a work week without a cup. Yet the process of cultivating a craving for coffe didn't happen overnight.
In college I found that a flavored cappuccino helped me to make it through my 8:00 a.m. western civilization class. After that I was introduced to an array of mochas, lattes, and other specialities through Starbucks. Eventually, I made my way to simple Folgers with cream and sugar. Now, if necessary I can drink it black. So, it has come to be a part of my morning routine, even though as a kid I couldn't fathom how adults could stand the drink. Right after setting up my laptop, I brew several cups and set to work for the week. I wonder if you have already had several cups today as well or if you have another preferred drink?


2 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Madeline's Album said...

I have cut down to 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day, but I really enjoy them. Glad you are continuing to post regularly. God bless.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Deann said...

I love the smell of coffee, but I can honestly say I have never had a desire to drink it. I guess that's good, right?

I suppose my preferred drink would be water, but for a quick pick-me-up, my choice would be good old Coca-Cola!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home